Friday, August 7, 2009

OFF THE BEATEN PATH....


How about a little "indoor" fun?


I just have to tell you about the great time I had directing Vacation Bible School at my church this year. WHAT FUN WE HAD!


The theme this year was "Operation Space". Of course, I love
Sci-Fi.
The above picture shows what this type of thing does to you....ha. I dressed like this on Wednesday night and Thursday night a very sweet lady came up to me and said, "You were so brave last night." I said, "What do you mean?" She said "Well, the way you dressed, with your hair sticking straight up. I know that had to be a hard thing to do. Things like that really damage a woman's ego."
Well..........I guess I'll have to go find myself an ego because that didn't bother me.
Guys at the church built a backdrop and we all decorated it like the bridge of a space ship. Then we hung dark blue material on the back wall and put stars, a space shuttle, space men and planets on the material. It was great!
My friend and I were Captain Ginger and Admiral Wess. We were on stage to teach the children songs in our opening and closing assemblies.
The night I dressed up like a bozo, a little 3 year old ask her teacher why was my hair sticking up and what did I have on my face........ha, ha. She needs to lighten up.
During the songs we taught the kids hand motions to go with the songs. For one song I kept trying to get them to wave both their arms. Never thought that would be so hard! One 5 year old had her arms straight and close to her sides. She said "I don't have any arms". I told her that was OK, we have some in the back room and I would get her a pair.
Kids.........they are adorable! They say whatever they want.
I got tons of hugs that week.
If you've never worked in Vacation Bible School, you should try it some time. It's such a blessing.
See ya later......
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment